In 2018, the Carpathian MTB Epic competition offers all participants the opportunity to test their passion, resistance and desire to conquer the Carpathians in a very special atmosphere. The event will take place in the same location from Brasov county, being hosted by the Olympic-level resort Cheile Gradistei – Fundata between August 16-19, 2018.
For the second edition of the Carpathian MTB Epic, the following news are available:
- The prize money will be awarded based on a structure comparable to that used in the World Cup stages. The total prize pool will be higher than previous edition, exceeding 30,000 euro.
- 4-day EPIC will start of Thursday, August 16, and includes a mandatory Prologue, important for the overall ranking, and 3 stages: 60 km each, on distinct and challenging routes, with Start/Finish set at Cheile Gradistei – Fundata Resort.
- 1-day Challenge will take place on Sunday, August 19, on a much shorter route of 40 km, specially designed to give amateur riders the opportunity to enjoy an authentic mountain bike experience in a top international competition.
- The 4-day EPIC entry fee contains an all-inclusive race package, which offers competitors a complete “eat, sleep and ride” experience. All your needs are covered, ranging from accommodation in a resort with top sports facilities to nutrition and nutrition plans, full service specific to the Start/Finish area and on the route. The event program also includes relaxing hours with carefully organized entertainment.
- The service and benefits package is set according to international organizational standards and includes: timed chip number, with an individual tracking device and with SOS button or a mobile-specific application; technical cycling jersey with a special design of the Carpathian MTB Epic 2018 edition; basic insurance policy; accommodation with bed in Twin room, shared with another rider; breakfast, a meal after each race, dinner during the parties and a farewell buffet on the last day of the event; Feeding and Hydration points in the Start/Finish area and on the route including water, isotonic beverage, fruit and other food products; dressing room and wardrobe; technical services for bicycles; healthcare services; emergency communications both in Race Village and on routes; bike wash service, with handling; the Finisher medal with an original design. Optional services that can be included in the package are also available and detailed in the “Experience” section.
- A new transfer service has been introduced, from/to the “Henri Coanda ” International Airport in Bucharest. For details click here.
- Prices have recorded some important changes and will vary depending on the race chosen, the date and the number of people entered up to that point. To see the details and the competition rules click here.
- For cyclists with residence in Romania special offers are available upon request. Discounts are provided through the Regional Development Program for Mass Sporting Events implemented by the ProAm Events Foundation. The registration deadline is July 30, 2018, and the discounts are limited to a number of 50 people, on the “first come, first served” basis.
- Cycling clubs affiliated with National Federations and large groups of cyclists benefit from discounts, on demand.
- The Organizing Committee of this year’s event benefits from the presence of Joko Vogel, the Swiss organizer of PERSKINDOL SWISS EPIC and TORTOUR, two very famous cycling competitions. Find out more about this topic by clicking here.
We remind you that registration in the Carpathian MTB Epic competition is only allowed for participants with the minimum age of 19, reached not later than the first day of the competition.
We salute and appreciate the outstanding support given to this event by the following sponsors and partners: Banca Transilvania and Gatorade, the official sponsors; BOSCH, GoldNutrition, the Romanian Cycling Federation and Cheile Gradistei – Fundata Resort, as official suppliers and partners, and DHL Express Romania, as logistic partner; Ambulance for Bicycles – AmBike, Romania Salbatica and NTD Films, trustworthy supporters. They sustain and help us to continuously communicate and to inform you: Radio GUERRILLA, FreeRider.ro, Biciclistul.ro, RomaniaPozitiva.ro, Ireporter.ro, BikeEvents.ro and SportsPlanner.com.
Book your place now at the Start of the most amazing race in the Carpathian Mountains!