CARPATHIAN MTB EPIC is a challenging event for both you and your bike. Making sure you come prepared is the first step towards conquering the wild Carpathians and living a safe and memorable experience.
Please go through the information below and follow the instructions provided:
1. Each rider must wear a helmet at all times while riding during the race. Appropriate riding attire, including a shirt, must be worn at all times.
2. The use of earphones and radios during the race is not allowed.
3. For each of the stages except the Prologue, all riders must carry a GPS device and have the tracks loaded on it. Riders not carrying the device will not be allowed to start in the race. Sharing the tracks is not allowed given the status of some of the roads being traversed (protected areas, private domains, etc.). Final tracks will be sent by email in the week of the event. If you did not receive the tracks one day before the start of the event, please contact us or submit your request at the Race Office, in the Race Village.
4. All riders must carry a raincoat at all times and the safety blanket provided by the organizer. You can replace a used safety blanket at the Race Office. Please make sure to come prepared with all the necessary clothing for low temperatures and bad weather.
5. It is every rider’s responsibility to ensure that his/her mountain bike is in good working order and race-ready at the start of each stage. “Race-ready” means the following:
6. Each rider is responsible for the maintenance of his/her own bike for the duration of the Race. Riders may carry tools and spare parts provided that these do not involve any danger to the rider himself or the other competitors. All riders must be equipped with a pump and replacement inner tubes throughout the race.
4-day EPIC Tracking devices
All riders registered for the 4-day EPIC race will be given special GPS tracking devices, fitted with SOS buttons. The tracking device can be carried in the back pocket of your outer clothes.
Carrying the device during all stages of the event is mandatory. Riders not carrying the device will not be allowed to start in the race. The devices will allow the organizing team to track riders live and respond to emergencies in the shortest time possible. A detailed, step by step user guide will be given at registration. Setup is straightforward and simple – nevertheless, if you have any questions regarding the proper activation of your device, we will gladly help you out at the Technical Briefing, due to be held with all riders on Friday.
In case of wet conditions, the devices must be placed in small salable plastic bags. Please make sure to come prepared.
Please turn off the tracking device after each stage finish and then turn the device back on approximately 15 minutes before the start of the next stage. The tracking device is fully charged at hand out and will last for the duration of the 4-day EPIC event if you follow these instructions.
In case of emergency (and ONLY then!!!) press the SOS button on the front side of the device for 3 seconds (device vibrates).
1-day Challenge Tracking app
All participants registered for the 1-day Challenge race will receive a special tracking code that needs to be used with the Tractalis tracking app, available for download on iOS and Android devices. At App Stores, search for “Tractalis Tracking” to download the app. Further details will be offered at race registration.